Join the movement.
Tomorrow Foundation supports a low-carbon, sustainable, healthy Edmonton.
Climate Action in Edmonton:
- is healthy – climate-friendly cities have cleaner air, healthier food, and safe, active ways to get around
- diversifies the economy – Edmonton competes on a worldwide stage because we recognize that energy transition is happening and our workforce is prepared for it
- spurs innovation and community – climate change is the challenge of our lifetimes, and we can come together as a community to spur innovation and create a more connected community
- increases resiliency – renewable energy and energy efficiency reduce utility costs, making our households stronger and more able to withstand the winds of a changing future
- should be inclusive and diverse – Edmonton’s climate action should include traditionally-underrepresented persons, with an emphasis on Indigenous voices
“I encourage residents of Edmonton to take part in @tomorrowfdn‘s campaign and assist in building a climate positive future.” – Mike Mellross, Program Director of the Alberta Ecotrust Climate Innovation Fund
— Alberta Ecotrust (@AlbertaEcotrust) October 24, 2020
We’re launching the #Yes2ClimateYEG campaign to help gather momentum for this vision, and we’re looking to hear from you!
Tell us how decisive climate action by Edmonton City Council can make a positive impact on your own life. Some ideas:
- Will cleaner air make your family healthier?
- What if there was a protected bike lane connecting your block to the grocery store? Would your family live a more active life?
- What if your electricity and heating costs were cut in half?
- Trees and community gardens contribute to a climate-friendly Edmonton. How could more access to these change your life for the better?
- Spread the word with hashtag #Yes2ClimateYEG.
- Speak to Edmonton City Council Executive Committee on Monday, November 9, 2020.
- If you’ve never presented at Council Committee before, no problem. We can help show you the ropes.
- We need lots of speakers to help amplify the story messages coming in. Email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for helping Edmonton City Council vote #Yes2ClimateYEG.